This site has been created to promote networking and collaboration around the world and in the UK, for those who are seeking to build ecclesial communities out of contextual mission, utilising a new monastic model. To be clear, we are wanting to focus on those particuarly involved/engaged with new monastic communities, rather than yet another social network of those involved in general church groups. Some have been doing this for a while, some have just started, whilst others are still conceiving. Some specifically have created intentional communities where people live together, whilst others have built networks of a dispersed community of intentionality. Some are very friar in their outlook, seeking to serve a particular place practicing radical hospitality, evangelism and mission in places some forms of church would not tread. Some are more monk like, seeking to build places of solace and community in but not of the world. So where ever you come from, welcome, and we hope this site will promote thinking, exploration and networking. For people thinking about getting involved please see below:
1. You will need to be actively involved in a new monastic community.
2. Your address will need to be recognisable and traceable as we want to prevent spam.
3. Those who are merely researching new monasticism rather than being involved will not be included.
4. If you are in some form of small missional community and you are trying to work out if it is a new monastic community, then we will include you.
5. If the questions for joining are not fully answered then you will not be allowed to join.
6. If an applicant states that they are involved in ministry in some part of the world, and their address does not match this, then if there is no explanation, this will be treated as potentially a spam application.
Started by Craig Andrew Gilman Jan 24.
Started by Con Carroll Jan 18.
Started by Ian Mobsby. Last reply by Rory McEntee Jan 16.
After a lot of consultation and discussion, the Advisory Council for the relations between Diocesan Bishops and Religious Communities, has compiled an information leaflet for those seeking to discern to become a Church of England Acknowledged Religious Community.
Please click the link below to download a copy for yourself. The Advisory Council Acknowledgement Document
This is a happy new year to all new monastics everywhere.
We are planning to hold a conference on New Monasticism in London this year, please see forum above for your thoughts.....
Following the book launches in the UK, we have 3 recorded podcasts of the discussions in London, please click on these below.